Cheese on Toast
Sometimes the simplest things are the nicest - especially when you don't feel like cooking a full blown meal. This version of cheese on toast is easy, v tasty and filling!
- Cut thick slices of some good quality crusty white or wholemeal bread (a Swansea Bloomer has been used here) and toast on one side only under a hot grill
- Remove from the grill and spread the un-toasted side of each slice with some wholegrain mustard
- Top with slices of cheese - I used a nice mature cheddar and place the cheese topped toast back under the hot grill until the cheese is melted and bubbling and just turning brown
- Serve with salad, tomato and red onion garnish and chutney
- This also works well as 'hot bites' to serve if you have unexpected visitors call around - using rounds of a french stick or slices of bread cut into smaller chunks and following exactly the same steps as above. Serve hot on a platter with cherry tomatoes, pickles and chutneys - there def won't be any left!!!